I wrote about my experience with Poise Microliner as part of a sponsored post for Socialstars. #PoisewithSAM
In just 5 short days, I will be boarding the Carnival Dream and heading off on an epic 40th birthday celebration. This trip has to be perfect so I thought I would share with you my Top Ten Essential Items for Cruising.
1. Downy Wrinkle Releaser Plus: Did you know that cruise ships don’t have irons? For this wrinkle-phobic Mom, I may have had a panic attack. Fortunately, this product kept my family and I looking elegant night ready!
2. Brita Water Bottle: Half the fun of a cruise are the exotic excursions and exploring new parts of the World. But to keep the fun going, you need to stay hydrated. Don’t forget to take along your water bottle every time you leave the boat.
3. Cute Accessories: There is just something about setting sail that just begs for a killer sandal, trendy sunglasses and a floppy hat. Check out my Pinterest Board for inspiration!
5. Sunscreen: Don’t forget to shield yourself from harmful UV rays. My essential sun protection product is Neutrogena Wet Skin SPF 85 Sunscreen which is perfect for our beach destination.
6. Lanyard: Consider purchasing a different lanyard for each family member before boarding. It’s much easier to keep track of your “Sail and Sign” card when it’s around your neck leaving your hands free for more food and drinks! Letting the kids choose their own lanyard not only gives them some ownership to their card but provides an easy way to tell the cards apart in a hurry.
7. Waterproof Phone Case: You are going to want to take pictures…and lots of them! But don’t ruin your phone in the crystal clear water and on the pristine beaches. Protect your tech with a waterproof case.
8. Light Jacket: So you are cruising to the Caribbean, why would you pack a jacket? If you plan to partake in any onboard activities such as comedy clubs, casino or live theater, they can be downright cold. Be prepared.
9. Hand Sanitizer: Is it obvious that I have a degree in Microbiology? Happy Hour is EVERY hour for bacteria and viruses on cruise ships. Stop them in their tracks by using hand sanitizer and anti-microbial wipes.
10. Bungee Cord: Want to fall asleep to the sounds of the Ocean? Hold open your balcony door with a bungee cord or use it to hand wet swimsuits overnight.
11. (BONUS) Your Inner Child: Don’t forget to have fun! Go down the waterslide, dance the night away, cartwheel on the beach and cross off as many bucket list items as you can. Enjoy!
What is one of your cruising essentials?
This post contains affiliate links.