I find a lot of great fashion ideas by perusing Pinterest in my spare time, but which of these trends is right for me? At 38, I feel like I am in between sections of most department stores and not sure if, at almost 40, I should be a part of some of the latest trends. So, I could not have been happier to attend a Spring Style Event at Macy’s featuring the one and only Clinton Kelly from TLC’s What Not to Wear.
During a fashion show, Clinton pointed out this season’s hottest trends and how you can rock them at any age. Here are my favorites!
1. Fabulous Florals: Find a floral print you love and accent your favorite hue in the pattern with a solid blazer and jeans. Only one floral pattern per outfit, please! Another great way to add a fun floral is with a great ballet flat.
2. Mix It Up: This season, mix up your patterns for a fun and flirty effect! The way to mix patterns is by matching the color schemes. Accessorize the patterns with solid color shoes and purse.
3. Blue and Orange: These complimentary colors are hot this season! Try a navy dress and accent with coral colored accessories like the shoes pictured above.
4. Nautical is Never Out of Style: This outfit is a fun and modern way to incorporate a little nautical style in your wardrobe. The tie creates a great shape and the red accent on the shoe completes the look!
5. Do Vintage with a Modern Twist: This adorable silver dress was a show stopper! The front of the dress is very Audrey Hebpurn but the back has a sexy modern twist. Show that you are a modern woman by pairing the vintage dress with some fun shoes!
Love these styles? Head to Macy’s to find the right style for you! Clinton Kelly will be making several appearances this Spring so check to see if he is coming to city near you!
I am a member of the Everywhere Society. Everywhere has provided me with compensation however all thoughts and opinions expressed herein are my own.