This post was written by the Experimental Mommy in partnership with Carnival Cruise Lines. While travel accommodations were complimentary, all opinions remain 100% mine.
You saved up all year to take an epic family vacation with Carnival Cruise Lines. Suitcases packed with your cruise travel essentials, you board the ship ready for some much deserved rest and relaxation. If your family is like mine, you head straight for the food and quickly become mesmerized by the seemingly endless options all included in your price of admission.
But on your first full day at sea, your family wants to take part in the Seuss at Sea Green Eggs & Ham Breakfast…for an additional charge. What?! Why spend more money when you have already paid for the buffet? Below, you will find my reasons why the $5 per person is completely and totally worth it.
1. Let Kids Be Kids: We asked a lot of our kids on this trip. While we had tons of fun, we asked them to wait in lines with patience, sit at fancy dinners quietly, and walk long distances without whining. But THIS breakfast was ALL about THEM and they could let it all out!
2. Dine in Whoville: Carnival went all out with the themed decor at this breakfast. The entire dining hall was transformed into a colorful and magical world complete with a beautiful ice sculpture. My girls could not wait to sit down at our polka dot table!
3. Fun Food: There are no boring omeletes, plain pancakes or bland bowls of oatmeal at this event. My kids got to choose from menu items such as Horton’s Cereal Crusted French Toast, Truffula Tree Pancakes and of course, the always popular Green Eggs & Ham.
4. Character Dining: Similar to other character breakfasts at other theme parks (which are WAY more expensive), the whimsical Dr. Seuss characters roam the dining hall and visit with every table. You are allowed to take pictures with your own camera so you do not have to pay extra for professional pictures.
5. Fancy Footwork: The wait staff on Carnival is over the top friendly and really go above and beyond to make your trip memorable. This breakfast is no exception! The Staff dresses up in costume and performs a fun routine for guests which my kids loved.
The Green Eggs & Ham Breakfast on the Carnival Dream was more than a meal, it was an experience and in my opinion well worth the price. This was the perfect was to start off our Sea Day which was followed by a kid-centric agenda of water slides, comedy hour and mini golf. No wonder Carnival hosts more than 700,000 kids aboard it’s fleet each year!