This post is written by the Experimental Mommy. While a sample was received to facilitate this review, all opinions remain 100% mine.
With Halloween right around the corner, my daughters are about ready to bust with excitement. The parties, costumes, and trick-or-treats are hard to resist but as a Mom, I need to make sure my girls are prepared for any potential hazards under the cover of night on Halloween. Here are some tips to make sure your ghouls and goblins stay safe while they roam the streets in search of sweet treats.
1. Have “the talk” with your kids. I take this as an opportunity to review the Stranger Danger rules, how to dial 911, and make sure my girls know that running off alone is not an option. As an added protective measure, I always write my phone number inside their treat bag in case we get separated.
2. Avoid all black costumes. I know this can be hard during Halloween but an all black costume can be very hard for cars traveling your neighborhood to see. If a dark colored costume is a necessity, make sure to apply adhesive reflectors.
3. Utilize crosswalks. While it is tempting to run across the street to the decorated home giving out candy apples, make sure to cross only at crosswalks.
4. Inspect the loot. My girls know they may not eat from the candy bag until Mom approves.
5. Wear age appropriate attire. While my daughters feel like all princesses should wear 3 inch heels, I know that is a recipe for broken ankle.
6. Light the way with glow in the dark accessories and flashlights. Or conquer two birds with one stone by taking along the Rayovac Glow in the Dark Flashlight. With a beam distance of 59 feet, a super bright 14 LED light and a glow in the dark rubber grip, ghosts along your path will not be able to hide! During the month of October, Rayovac is offer $1 off using code GLOWINTHEDARK and free shipping on orders over $25.
What are your tips for a happy, healthy and safe Halloween?