This post is the opinion of the Experimental Mommy. While a sample was received to facilitate this review, all opinions remain 100% mine.
With both of my daughters in school, our evenings are full of homework and after-school activities leaving little time for meal preparation. On the weekends, my hubby and I come up with a menu for the entire week so I am often searching for easy weeknight meals to complete the line up.
Last month, I created a Cheesy Italian Rotini Pasta Bake as part of the Country Crock Casserole Club. This month’s mission was to create a Mexican themed casserole using Country Crock, Mexican corn and black beans. Given that my whole family LOVES Mexican food, I was totally psyched! The below recipe is a adaptation from a recipe found on Emily Bites.
Mexican Dorito Casserole
What You Need:
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked white or brown rice
- 1 lb 95% lean ground beef
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 t paprika
- 1 t chili powder
- 1 t dried cumin
- 1 t garlic powder
- 1 t dried oregano
- 1 t crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce1 c reduced fat 2% shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (8 oz) can of Mexican Corn, drained
- 1 (15 oz) can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup of crushed Baked Doritos
How to Make It:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook rice according to the instructions on the package using Country Crock as directed.
- In a large sauté pan, brown the ground meat and onions. After 3-4 minutes all of the seasonings (except garlic). Stir until combined and then continue to cook until the beef is browned.
- Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add the cooked rice, corn, tomato sauce and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Lightly mist a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray, pour the rice mixture in and spread evenly. Cover with cheese.
- Spray a piece of aluminum foil with cooking spray and cover the dish with it, spray side down. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil, spread crushed Doritos on top and bake uncovered for an additional 5-7 minutes.
Want to try the recipe? I can help you get started! As a member of the Country Crock Casserole Club, I am offering a great giveaway including a KitchenAid Gourmet Short Turner, Boxed Cheese Grater, Oven mitt, Country Crock VIP Coupon (good for one free tub), and Recipe card for Mexican Beef & Corn Casserole. Enter below:
a Rafflecopter giveaway