Being home for the last 4 months full time with the kids has given me a chance to explore (and even improve) my cooking skills. But preparing new and exciting meals for my picky eaters definitely has a learning curve. I am enjoying the process, but I am spending way too much time in the kitchen from prepping to cooking to cleaning…there has to be a better way.
When I first heard of the Ninja Cooking System, I thought it was just another fancy crock pot. And while I do love my crock pot meals, I do not need another appliance taking up space in my already small kitchen. But, I stand corrected. The Ninja Cooking System is so much more than a traditional crock pot and even has my husband amazed! Here are a few things the Ninja can do:
- Steam-Infused Roasting and Baking – Cooks meat evenly and cuts the cooking time by up to 30 percent, keeping more natural juices in the meat while taking the bad fat out. Baked goods are more moist too, and can be prepared with up to 50 percent less fat! Score!
- Fast One-Pot Meal Making – With Triple Fusion Heat, complete meals can be made in just one single pot. Layer meals by cooking dry pasta, veggies and meats all at the same time in the Ninja 3-in-1 Cooking System. Cuts down on clean up time, too!
- SEAR-ious Slow Cooking – The Ninja Cooking System has both stovetop settings and slow cook settings which allows the home cook to use the same pot to sear and brown meats and vegetables to add more flavor to the meal. The stovetop can be used after slow cooking to deglaze sauces, and to add delicate vegetables for a perfect texture. The slow-cooker is programmable; allowing you to set the cooking time, which will automatically keep warm once cooking is complete.
The system comes with a very nice book of delicious recipes to try. I decided to try the Chili with Cornbread Crust which can be made completely in the Ninja.
What You Need:
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1 large onion, diced
1 green pepper, diced
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
28 oz diced tomatoes, undrained
15 oz kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 package cornbread muffin mix
1 egg, beaten
1/3 cup milk
How to Make It:
1. Pour oil in to the Ninja pot. Set to Stovetop High and heat oil. Add beef, onion and bell pepper. Brown meat and spoon off fat. Add chili powder and cinnamon and and cook an additional 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Stir in tomatoes, beans, and paste directly into pot and set to Slow Cook High for 4-5 hours. Cover and Cook.
3. Combine muffin mix, egg and milk in a bowl and pour directly on top of chili. Cover and cook an additional 30 minutes.
The chili was amazing (even the kids ate it) and perfect for a cool Fall day. All of my cooking was done in one single appliance and there was no need to even turn on my stove or oven. The recipe was very easy to follow and I am no checking out what to make as my next dish.
The Ninja Cooking System, which retails for $159, definitely helped me save time and serve up an easy, healthier meal all from one convenient countertop pot. Amazed? Don’t believe me? Try it for yourself and win a Ninja Cooking System below!
This post is the opinion of Experimental Mommy. While a product was received to facilitate this review, all opinions remain 100% mine.