To be honest, I have always been a scaredy cat. Halloween is my least favorite holiday because I really do not enjoy being scared. Now, it looks like my two daughters are following in my footsteps. While they do enjoy trick or treating (what kid doesn’t love getting candy), they are not a fans of the dark or the unknown. As a Mom, I do everything I can to make sure my girls are comfortable and safe this Halloween Season. Here are a few ways we stay safe:
- I try to steer them away from all black costumes (which has not been hard because they mainly want princess costumes). Making sure they are seen by cars is priority.
- The girls wear light reflective tennis shoes for increased visibility.
- We use battery operated candles in the pumpkins on our front porch to reduce the risk of fire.
- Glitter is your friend! It is easy to work glitter into princess costumes and it reflects light.
- Each girl wears a glow stick around her neck as we walk the neighborhood.
As a Rayovac Power Blogger, I received two of their new Glow Sticks in order to light the way for my girls this Halloween. The glow stick runs on 3 included LR44 alkaline batteries and has 5 light modes. The two black buttons allow you to turn on the glow stick, make the glow stick flash and turn on the included white flashlight. The glow stick also has a strap to wear it around the neck or a clip to attach to a pocket or belt. The glow sticks come in red, blue, green, and orange which is chosen randomly at shipment. I love that the glow stick stays on until turned off unlike other glow sticks that fade quickly over time. The flashing mode will be perfect as we search for treats in our neighborhood and the flashlight will come in handy if I need to ready any candy labels on the go!