After being laid off in June, I have had to find a new morning routine. Before the job loss, mornings were very hectic as I rushed to get the kids ready for school, lunches made and school bags packed all while doing my own hair and makeup. There was little time for breakfast let alone doing some light reading. Now that I am home, I am loving the morning time in my home. After getting the kids to school, I have a little “me” time before starting on the day’s activities. My new routine? A morning latte and my favorite blogs.
Thanks to my grandmother, I learned the joys of a hot tea with lots of milk at a very early age. Since then, I have to have my hot tea in the morning and recently business partner and good friend, Cecelia, introduced me to the hot chai latte. Heaven! Do you make lattes in the morning? If you prefer coffee over tea, here are some simple instructions to make the perfect morning latte:
- Heat 1 cup milk in a saucepan over medium-low heat, whisking quickly with a wire whisk to create foam.
- Brew your strong coffee (you’ll need about 1/2 cup).
- Pour the heated milk into a tall mug, holding back the foam with a spoon.
- Add strong brewed coffee and spoon a thin layer of foamed milk over beverage.
- Consider adding spices like cinnamon or nutmeg. You can also buy your favorite syrups for a coffee shop-worthy flavor boost. Check out other latte recipes at The Breakfast Project!
After making my morning latte, I settle down with my laptop and check out the new content on my favorite blogs. I love to start my morning off with a laugh, so I always head to The Bloggess first. If you have not read her blog (or her best selling book), what is wrong with you?!? Go now.
The first blog I started reading when I entered this whole world of social media was Christine’s From Dates to Diapers. As a Mom of 7…yes I said SEVEN kids…Christine shares how she does it all it an amusing and educational way. Next, I head to Tip Junkie for well, tips. Laurie posts creative decorating tutorial, delicious recipes and home organizational ideas. I had the opportunity to meet Laurie and she is just a sweet as she seems online!
So that’s my morning routine! How do you start off your mornings? Want to join me for a latte? Enter below to win a great #LatteLove prize pack including a free milk coupon and latte love mug!
a Rafflecopter giveaway