Hold on to your hats people….are you sitting down? I.made.dinner. By myself. I know, hard to believe, right? I found the inspiration for this recipe on Pinterest but decided to tweak it a bit to fit my skill level which does not include making my own spaghetti sauce. It turned out delicious and my kids even asked for seconds! Enjoy!
What You Need:
1 lb lean ground beef
1/4 cup finely chopped yellow onion
26 oz jar spaghetti sauce (I used Ragu Tomato Basil)
15 oz container Ricotta Cheese
1 large egg
2 1/4 cups freshly grated Mozzarella Cheese, divided
1 cup grated Parmesan and Romano Cheese, divided (I used Sargento)
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
12 uncooked lasagna noodles
How to Make It:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Brown ground meat and onion and drain. Add spaghetti sauce and simmer covered while preparing cheese and noodles.
3. Boil lasagna noodles per packaging instructions. Drain and place noodles on wax paper.
4. While the noodles are cooking, prepare cheese mixture in a large bowl. Stir together the ricotta cheese, egg, salt and pepper until completely mixed. Add 1 3/4 cups Mozzarella Cheese and 1/2 cup Parmesan Romano blend and stir.
5. Spread 1/3 cup of the meatsauce at the bottom of a 13×9 inch baking dish.
6. Assemble the noodles by spreading 1/4 cup cheese mixture onto each cooked lasagna noodle and top with 1 heaping tablespoon meat sauce. Roll up the noodle and place in the 13×9 inch baking dish seam down.
7. Using remaining meat sauce, cover rolls and sprinkle remaining Mozzarella, Parmesan and Romano on top. Cover dish loosely with tin foil making sure it does not touch the noodles.
8. Bake for 30 minutes in preheated oven.