Now that I am making the transition from working full time outside the home to being a full time blogger working from my house, I am finding some things about life are getting easier. Since the kids are in school during the day, I have some quiet time to get blog work accomplished, but I also have the luxury of being able to start dinner and catch up on housework without the kids under foot. I am definitely staying busy but certain things like my crock pot and my Miele Olympus Vacuum have made life easier.
To make sure I accomplish everything in the week, I made a schedule to keep me on track. Monday is a grocery day, Tuesday I conquer laundry/dishes and Wednesday I tackle the floors. So, I was thrilled to receive a new Miele S2 Olympus Vacuum cleaner for review to make hump day a little less scary. For starters, this is a canister vacuum which I have never owned in the past. I am used to upright vacuums so I was curious to see how this would compare.
Let’s start with a few specs of the Miele S2 Olympus Vacuum:
- Soft Lotus White finish on the Clean Air System constructed canister body
- Three independent, rubber, 360 degree swivel wheels provide supreme maneuverability across multiple flooring surfaces
- The 1200-watt high output Meile-made Vortex Motor maintains optimal suction and dust intake
- The Super Air Clean filter system captures 99.95% of particles down to 0.5 micron in size and 94% of particles down to 0.3 particles in size
- The electrostatically charged filter will last through 5 bag changes and is included free with each box of Miele vacuum bags ordered.
Out of the box, I thought a canister vacuum would be bulky and heavy to operate, but actually it was quite light. Assembling the vacuum was simple and the directions were easy to follow. The stainless steel wand and hose are much lighter to push around the floor and the wheeled canister follows right along. I love that I can extend the wand to a 29.5′ operating radius so I can reach very far or up high without much movement at all.