To be honest, I have never considered owning a Kia in the past. I have never driven one and haven’t had the opportunity to really check it out and digest all that it has to offer. When Kia Motors decided to sponsor my blog conference, Reviewer’s Retreat earlier this summer, I finally got to see several Kia models up close and personal and the Sorento caught my eye.
For three weeks this month, I have had the opportunity to really put the 2013 Kia Sorento to the test with my family as we have had a busy month of traveling. From interstate driving home from Disney World to back roads driving at Callaway Gardens, I have been truly impressed. Below, you will find my top 5 reasons for being a Kia convert.
1. Dual Control Air Conditioning: My husband is always hot. I am always cold. The dual control air possibly saved our marriage…just kidding, but it did make long road trips much more bearable for both of us.
2. Sirius XM Radio with touch screen navigation: The music on the radio can be quite inappropriate for young ones these days, so having Sirius XM Radio with Radio Disney was a godsend on our travels. The color touch screen navigation helped us get home from Disney and avoid many traffic jams (especially in Mobile, AL).
3. Steering Wheel Controls: I loved being able to control the volume of the radio and even make phone calls simply by pushing a button on the steering wheel. Because the car is equipped with Bluetooth technology, syncing my phone was a breeze.
4. Spacious Backseat: With two kids and two long car rides, most parents would agree that personal space for kids is a must! Both of my daughters had ample leg room and did not feel crammed even with blankets, toys and snacks sharing the space. They also loved that the backseat had it’s own air conditioning vents which allowed them to cool off much quicker in the brutal Summer heat.
5. The Third Row: As my girls grow, so does their friendship circles and activities. Having a third row would allow us to participate in car pools and make my job much easier! The third row can be folded down to create a spacious trunk which provided more than enough room for our Disney luggage.
6. The Gas Mileage: Ok, I know I said top 5 reasons, but this one is too good to ignore. The Kia boasts that it receives 32 highway MPG and 22 city MPG. We can attest that we were quite impressed with the gas mileage on our trip to Callaway Gardens, GA. We were able to drive approximately 420 miles in one full tank of gas.
7. Heated seats, power windows, cruise control, push button start with SMART key (won’t let you lock your keys in the car!), back up warning system, rear camera, power folding outside mirrors….I really could go on and on.
We had an absolute blast driving the 2013 Kia Sorento the past three weeks! It certainly surpassed our family’s expectations and we were more than sad to see it go. To keep up with Kia news and promotions, make sure you follow them on Twitter!