Listen closely. Do you hear that? Crickets chirping perhaps? Things have been rather quiet here lately at Experimental Mommy because I have been on a Road Trip with family. After the hectic (but awesome) time I had coordinating Reviewer’s Retreat, I needed a break. My family and I decided to make magical memories at Walt Disney World!
After an incredible six days at the Happiest Place on Earth, we are exhausted. Today we began our road trip home and while we are sad to leave The Mouse, we are all anxious to get home and back on routine. Because we have done quite a bit of traveling lately, I wanted to share with you my top tips for a successful road trip:
1. Pack a tote bag for each child. In my experience, sharing does not go well during long car rides.
2. Place a few fun activities like sticker books, colors, and scribble pads in each bag. Make sure to include items they have not seen before so the novelty keeps them occupied for a while.
3. Keep a few games or toys hidden to pull out when boredom strikes. I have even wrapped a few surprise “gifts” for the kids to unwrap.
4. Never underestimate the power of a snack! Hungry kids=whiny kids.
5. The personal DVD player, iPad or iPod Touch can be a lifesaver. Download a few TV episodes or movies before the trip and have them ready to go. Don’t forget the chargers!
To help you with your Summer Vacation, Purolator is sponsoring the Family Road Trip Sweepstakes! Share your own road trip ideas and tips and you could win a Two Hundred Dollar ($200) gas card, a Twenty-Five Dollar ($25) gift card for healthy snacks, and Seventy-Five dollars ($75) worth of books and toys from Scholastic! Five people will win but hurry because the contest ends on June 30, 2012!