Here in NOLA, just about every holiday party we attend will have petit fours. This deliciously decadent treat consists of a square piece of cake covered in poured icing…perfect size to sample a few. In fact, the National Restaurant Association declares that mini desserts are one of the biggest food trends of 2011! While the petit fours have been around for a long while and I have done my fair share of “sampling,” I have often wished for some ice cream on the side. Apparently, Baskin-Robbins heard my request and developed their newest product, Cake Bites! About the product:
“Cake Bites are elegantly decorated miniature desserts that marry cake and ice cream into one mini dessert – reminiscent of French petit fours. Enrobed in decadent white and dark chocolate, ganache and caramel drizzle—Cake Bites are the perfect treat indulgent treat for one or to server guests while entertaining this holiday season.”
We had the pleasure of trying a box of four Cake Bites in the following flavors:
- Double Chocolate – Chocolate ice cream over chocolate cake, enrobed with chocolate ganache and finished with a chocolate accent.
- Praline Caramel – Pralines ‘n Cream ice cream over white cake enrobed with white chocolate ganache and finished with caramel drizzle and chopped pralines.
- Chocolate Mint – Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream over chocolate cake, enrobed with chocolate ganache and finished with white chocolate drizzle.
- Vanilla Blondie – Vanilla ice cream over white cake, enrobed with white chocolate ganache and finished with chocolate accent.
The four pack comes in a cute box with a bow, perfect for bringing to a dinner party or as a hostess gift. As much as I didn’t want to share, I allowed my family to participate in this review. My daughters tried the Vanilla Blondie and the Chocolate Mint while my hubby chose the Praline caramel. It’s no surprise that I went for the Double Chocolate. They were all gone in a matter of minutes….best.review.ever.
The Baskin-Robbins Cake Bites Cake Bites are available now and can be purchased individually or in a mix-n-match 4-pack. They cost $2.99 (SRP) for a single Cake Bite or $9.99 (SRP) for a box of 4. I would definitely consider bringing this to a holiday party. They were both tasty and pretty!
One winner will receive $14 in Baskin Robbins Gift Cards!
How to Enter:
1. Tell me which flavor Cake Bites you are most excited to try!
1. Blog about this giveaway and link to The Not-So-Blog (10 extra entries).
2. Follow me (@BridgetteLA) and @BaskinRobbins on Twitter and Tweet this giveaway. Every time you tweet you get an additional entry! Limited to 10 a day, please. (You must have over 50 Twitter followers to qualify for unlimited entries!)
3. Subscribe to my blog.
5. Place my blog button on your sidebar.
Contest ends at 11:59pm CST on December 16th. Prizes not claimed in 72 hours will be forfeited. Open to U.S. Residents only.