I have such fond memories of playing with my Easy Bake Oven as a child. Jennifer and I would bake some tasty treat just about every weekend. But I also remember what torture it was as an impatient 8 year old to let a light bulb bake a cupcake! So, I was so happy to hear that the new Easy Bake Ultimate Oven no longer utilizes a light bulb for baking!
I couldn’t wait to share the Easy Bake Ultimate Oven with my daughters. It is so fun to share an activity with your kids that you loved as a child, too! After opening the box, we first noticed it’s sleek (and pink) design. It looks like a real microwave oven! Inside the box, we found a baking pan, cupcake pan, pan pusher, chocolate chip cookie mix, red velvet cake mix, pink frosting mix, rainbow sugar crystals package, paper cupcake wraps, and an instruction booklet. We were ready to begin!
My daughters chose to make the red velvet cupcakes. After preheating the oven for 20 minutes, we simply added the mix to a bowl with some water and stirred until consistant. My oldest daughter filled the greased cupcake pan with batter and pushed it right into the baking chamber (which is definitely bigger than previous models).
While we baked the cupcakes for 10 minutes, my youngest daughter prepared the pink icing in a seperate bowl. After cooling the cupcakes for about 5 minutes, we iced the cupcakes and were ready to enjoy our special treat! YUM!
Like I mentioned, I owned an Easy Bake Oven in the mid 80’s and we also purchased an earlier model for my daughters last year. That being said, I love the improvements in the new Easy Bake Ultimate Oven including:
- No light bulb necessary! Last year, we were dissappointed that the light bulb did not come with the oven, so we had to go shopping before playing.
- The storage drawer is a great idea! Underneath the oven, there is a drawer to store pans and unused mixes. LOVE!
- An On/Off switch! After plugging the unit into an outlet, you have to actually turn it on. I think this will eliminate many accidents.
The Easy Bake Ultimate Ovencan be purchased at Amazon.com for only $34.97! My daughters both loved it and I think it would make a great holiday gift!
One winner will receive their very own Easy Bake Ultimate Oven!
How to Enter:
1. Tell me what you bake in your Easy Bake Ultimate Oven!
1. Blog about this giveaway and link to The Not-So-Blog (10 extra entries).
2. Follow me (@BridgetteLA) on Twitter and Tweet this giveaway. Every time you tweet you get an additional entry! Limited to 10 a day, please. (You must have over 50 Twitter followers to qualify for unlimited entries!)
3. Subscribe to my blog.
4. Become a Fan of The Not-So-Blog on Facebook.
5. Place my blog button on your sidebar.
Contest ends at 11:59pm CST on December 9th. Prizes not claimed in 72 hours will be forfeited. Open to U.S. Residents only.