As a Whirlpool Mom, I have had the luxury of testing out the Duet washer and drier set for the last three months. Looking back over the past 90 days, I can hardly remember life without it! Laundry has never been easier…..for any generation. Did you know Whirlpool is celebrating it’s 100th anniversary?
In 1911, Whirlpool introduced it’s very first electric wringer, which I am sure was a modern marvel at the time (but looks like some sort of torture device to me!). But now in 2011, the Whirlpool Duet houses many of the latest innovations. So, in my last Whirlpool Moms post, I wanted to recap a few of my favorites:
- Precision Dispense: Simply fill the reservoir with laundry detergent and forget about it! The Duet dispenses the correct amount with each load…up to 36 loads!
- Sanitize: With one daughter in preschool, I love being able to sanitize her nap mat to kill all those yucky toddler germs.
- Lights: I absolutely love that the drum of the washer and drier is lit making finding those pesky matching socks much easier.
- Specialty Cycles: The pre-programmed “apps” on my Duet take the guesswork out of laundry. I don’t have to think twice about what is the best temperature or spin speed for towels, jeans or intimates.
- Storage Pedestals: The drawers beneath the washer and dryer allow me to store my detergent and accessories freeing up space in my cramped laundry room.
- Reminders: The Duet Washer reminds me when it needs to be cleaned and even chimes when a load is complete!
My final thoughts on my Whirlpool Duet pair are nothing but positive. I have been pleased with its performance and ease of use. While the buttons can be quite intimidating (my Mother in Law doesn’t want to touch it!), once you learn your way around, the features make life so much easier. Dare I say….I like laundry?!?