Per special request from Barber Foods, this is my husband’s very first guest post here at Experimental Mommy! Enjoy!
Help, I need somebody,
Help, not just anybody…
When the Beatles penned these lyrics in 1965, I’m pretty sure they weren’t looking for help around the house. However, when my wife called earlier this week—and essentially said the same thing, her message to me was loud and clear, “You have to go cook dinner.” Although I live in the part of the country known for its excellent cooks: Emeril Lagasse, John Besh, and Paul Prudhomme, yours truly would never make this list. So I had a choice to make, fast food or cook something. Although I believed fast food to be the easier option, I was feeling adventurous and decided I would cook.
Upon opening my freezer, I found that we had 2 boxes of Barber Foods Stuffed Chicken Breasts. Well, here goes nothing, I thought.
- Step 1: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Check.
- Step 2: Remove chicken breasts from pouch and place on a cooking sheet. Check.
- Step 3: Bake in a preheated oven for at least 35 minutes (until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees). Wow, 3 steps—that’s it. Maybe fast food wasn’t the easier option, after all.
I have to admit, a 3 step approach to a dinner entrée was very appealing, but it was nowhere near as appealing as the taste. The stuffed chicken breasts were delicious (so good in fact, that my 2 very picky daughters asked for seconds). They were very juicy with an excellent taste– a real complement to the creamed potatoes and salad that I made.
Barber Foods defiantly saved dinner that night, and even earned me a little respect in the kitchen. I plan on fixing many more of the over 20 options that Barber has available. Who knows, after a few more meals like this one, maybe I’ll volunteer to handle Thanksgiving dinner (that is, of course, if Barber Foods offers turkey entrees).
One winner will receive a “Rescue Dinner” Prize Pack including a $25 VISA gift card, a Barber Foods free product coupon and DennyMike’s Cue Set including award winning sauces and rubs!
How to Enter:
1. The last time you were struck with dinner boredom, what did you do to spice up your routine?
1. Blog about this giveaway and link to The Not-So-Blog and Barber Foods (10 extra entries).
2. Follow me (@BridgetteLA) and @BarberFoods on Twitter and Tweet this giveaway. Every time you tweet you get an additional entry! Limited to 10 a day, please. (You must have over 50 Twitter followers to qualify for unlimited entries!)
3. Subscribe to my blog.
5. Place my blog button on your sidebar.
Contest ends at 11:59pm CST on November 14th. Prizes not claimed in 72 hours will be forfeited. Open to U.S. Residents only.