When my kids were just babies, it was easy to dress them up in adorable handmade costumes or just a silly Halloween tee. But now that they are both school aged, they have loftier dreams…..Princess Tiana, Hannah Montana, an 80’s Pop Diva and a Spanish Dancer to name a few. Far cry from the pumpkins of yesteryear! Not only are the costumes more expensive, but the older they get, the more accessories are required….wigs, tiaras, gloves, shoes…..totally blowing my holiday budget.
Fortunately, I have found some great online coupon codes at PromotionalCodes.com, a website that offers thousands of free online coupons from leading brands like Target, Home Depot, Macy’s and more. But the one that got me most excited was a coupon code to Halloween Express! Need more ways to save this Halloween? Check out the following budget friendly ideas:
1. Browse your closet for costume creations. Old clothes and even curtains and sheets can be transformed into festive attire. Unworn shirts can be cut up for a sash or vest, a bridesmaids dress makes a great princess or harem girl costume and an oversized orange sweatshirt is the perfect pumpkin for your child. Also browse the internet for DYI ideas—the key is creativity.
2. Search thrift stores for inexpensive costumes and accessories. Buying old clothes saves money and also helps green-up the environment. Don’t forget to look for used costumes on the Internet at Craigslist or eBay.
3. Use online coupons for costume savings. Sites like PromotionalCodes.com and CouponWinner.com offer hundreds of money-saving coupons for costumes, decorations, accessories, candy and more. These sites have special Halloween categories that are currently featuring promotional codes for 15, 30, and 40 percent off Halloween costumes and accessories, including special discounts from Halloween Express.
4. Organize a costume swap. Get your friends together and trade children and adult costumes. Or you could do this within your neighborhood or office. Others will love your money-saving idea, plus you’ll probably get a free costume!
5. Buy next year’s costume at extremely discounted prices after Halloween. Start saving for next year now and shop after the haunting celebration to score anywhere from 60 to 80 percent off costumes and accessories.
One lucky winner will receive a $100 gift code to Halloween Express just in time for this Halloween Season!
How to Enter:
1. Tell me how you would spend your $100 to Halloween Express!
1. Blog about this giveaway and link to The Not-So-Blog and Halloween Express (10 extra entries).
2. Follow me (@BridgetteLA) and @shopsaveshare on Twitter. Tweet using the hashtag #spookysavings and let us know what you want to be for Halloween. Every time you tweet you get an additional entry! Limited to 10 a day, please. (You must have over 50 Twitter followers to qualify for unlimited entries!)
3. Subscribe to my blog.
5. Place my blog button on your sidebar.
6. Comment on a Halloween Express coupon code at PromotionalCodes.com.
Contest ends at 11:59pm CST on October 14th. Prizes not claimed in 72 hours will be forfeited. Open to U.S. Residents only.