When an appliance/electronic device in your house is older than you are, I guess it is time to bite the bullet and upgrade. My husband and I have discussed getting a new garage door opener for about a year now, but it was one of those things that keep getting pushed farther and farther down on the list of things to buy for our house. We were thrilled when we received the Genie SilentMax 1000 and the closed confirm/network adapter combo. From the website:
“The SilentMax® 1000 provides intelligent design for the homeowner that wants quiet performance with superior design and conveniences that fit their busy lifestyle. The SilentMax® comes with two 3 button remotes, a wall console, and a wireless keypad.
• Power: ¾ HPc* 140 Volt DC motor provides power to operate almost any residential garage door.
• Quiet operation: The DC motor and belt drive allow for quiet, smooth operation and soft start and soft stop.
• Two-Bulb Lighting System: Two 100 Watt bulb lighting system provides added convenience and safety.
• SmartSet™ programming: Push button programming makes set up fast and easy.
• Auto Seek Dual Frequency: System will automatically seek either the 315 or 390 MHz frequency produced by a remote, helping to ensure the opener will respond regardless of nearby frequency interference.
• GenieSense™ Monitoring and Diagnostic Technology: Delivers the power needed at every movement of the garage door and continuously monitors the operation of the door, stopping operation when significant changes occur. GenieSense™ minimizes noise, wear and tear on the door, and improves overall safety.
• Safety: Comprehensive Safe-T-Beam® system meets or exceeds all UL, state, federal and CSA regulations, and incorporates an auto reversing system and diagnostics.
• Security: Genie® Intellicode® 2 technology, a new generation of superior encryption, prevents unauthorized persons from opening your garage door by automatically changing the access code every time you use it.
For starters, this new garage door opener is about half the size and a quarter of the weight of our old opener. With step by step instructions the installation was quite simple for my dad and husband. After an afternoon and evening the Genie was fully installed and ready to be used. We opened the garage and were absolutely amazed at how quiet it was, in fact the Genie didn’t make any at all, only the garage door itself creaked as it rose. My husband works late hours and it never fails that one of the children are sleeping when he arrives but as soon as the garage door would start to open they would be woken up with the loud noises. This is no longer a problem, in fact my husband has scared me on a few occasions because I couldn’t hear him coming in.
The Genie also has the Safe-T-Beam system which is a wonderful feature. We decided to give it a try the first time we closed it, as soon as my foot hit the beam the garage reversed and started going up. Never again will I have to worry that the door will come down on one of the children. Another great feature that can be added to the Genie is the closed confirm/network adapter. Never again will you need to wonder if you closed the garage, I know it never fails that I get 5 blocks from my house and start to wonder if I left it wide open. The closed confirm accessory will beep three times and blinks green for thirty seconds to confirm that your garage is fully closed. If there is a problem and the door doesn’t close the opener turns red.
The Genie also works with homelink. This is definitely a plus for us, no need to carry around the three button opener. Programing the homelink system was a little tricky, but was easily figured out with the use of the Genie instructions and the manual for my van.
There are several videos that will help with the installation and programing of your Genie SilentMax 1000. They can be found on Genie’s YouTube Page. Please note that the SilentMax 1000 is the dealer equivalent of IntelliG 1000. If you purchase this garage door opener from a dealer it would be called the IntelliG 1000 as reflected in the videos. You can also go on Genie website and find a dealer locater in your area if you need help installing your new Genie.
One winner will receive Genie SilentMax 1000 and the closed confirm/network adapter add-on accessory! (ARV $249)
How to Enter:
1. Tell me which feature of the Genie SilentMax 1000 you are most excited about!
1. Blog about this giveaway and link to The Not-So-Blog and Genie (10 extra entries).
2. Follow me (@BridgetteLA) and @TheGenieCompany on Twitter and Tweet this giveaway. Every time you tweet you get an additional entry! Limited to 10 a day, please. (You must have over 50 Twitter followers to qualify for unlimited entries!)
3. Subscribe to my blog.
5. Place my blog button on your sidebar.
Contest ends at 11:59pm CST on October 20th. Prizes not claimed in 72 hours will be forfeited. Open to U.S. Residents only.