My Christmas wish list goes a little something like this:
1. Drinking Chocolate from Sucre
2. Salted Caramel cupcake from Sucre
3. Gift card to Sucre
See a theme here? If you are not lucky enough to live here in New Orleans, you may not have had the chance to sample Sucre confections. However, did you know they ship?!? During Mardi Gras 2010, I had the opportunity to try the King Cake which was heavenly. I loved it so much that I had one shipped to Cecelia at Cool Baby Kid to give her a taste of New Orleans.
Now, this holiday season, I was given the opportunity to try the Sucre Macaroons. They arrived in perfect condition and in the cutest striped box with a gold ribbon. About the holiday macaroons:
“Filled with rich chocolate mousseline or cool peppermint cream, these delicate cookies make for a very merry holiday season.”
When I opened the box, I couldn’t wait to dive in to the Double Dark Chocolate and Candy Cane Macaroons, but they were so pretty! Being a lover of chocolate, I couldn’t hold out too long and tried the chocolate ones first. The macaroons are very light and delicate but full of flavor. Very tasty! This box of 15 Macaroons sells for $24 making it a great gift for a party hostess or school teacher.
Sucre New Orleans also has an array of confections for any palette. I definitely want to try some of the drinking chocolate, marshmallows and caramel cookies. But, my absolute favorite is the salted caramel cupcakes (which I don’t think are available online), so if you are ever in New Orleans, it is a must taste experience!
Are you drooling yet? One lucky reader will win a set of these yummy holiday macaroons from Sucre New Orleans!
How to enter:
1. Visit Sucre New Orleans and tell me what makes your mouth water?!
1. Blog about this giveaway and link to The Not-So-Blog and Sucre (10 extra entries).
2. Follow me (@BridgetteLA) and @SucreNewOrleans on Twitter and Tweet this giveaway. Every time you tweet you get an additional entry! Unlimited! (You must have over 50 Twitter followers to qualify for unlimited entries!)
3. Subscribe to my blog.
5. Place my blog banner on your sidebar.
Contest ends at 11:59pm CST on December 22nd. Prizes not claimed in 72 hours will be forfeited. Open to U.S. Residents only.