There’s just something about the holidays that makes me want to be in the kitchen creating yummy treats for my friends and family. Unfortunately, I am so not capable of doing anything edible. However, I think my skill was bumped up a notch after visiting the Hershey’s test kitchens last week! I think the incredible people that develop the recipes at Hershey’s were shocked to find out that I had basically no baking experience. They were so nice and taught me many tips and tricks for navigating the kitchen and making the perfect cookie.
Before this trip (which you will hear a LOT more about in the days to come), I would have never, and I mean NEVER, attempted to make cookies as teacher gifts for the holidays and certainly never hosted a cookie exchange. But with my confidence at an all time high and armed with the best Hershey’s products, I decided to bake. Shocked? Anxious to see how it turned out? Along with the help of my daughter, we decided to bake the KISSES Cocoa Cookies and the Reese’s Chewy Chocolate Cookies. Wanna try?
Reese’s Chewy Chocolate Cookies
What you Need:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup HERSHEY’S Cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups butter or margarine
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-2/3 cups REESE’S Peanut Butter Chips
How to Make It:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl; set aside.
2. Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with mixer until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Gradually add flour mixture, beating well. I used a hand mixer, but a stand mixer would have been infinitely easier.
3. Stir in peanut butter chips (I used my hands to mix them in!). Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.
4. Bake 8 to 9 minutes. (Do not overbake; cookies will be soft. They will puff while baking and flatten while cooling.) Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
Makes about 4-1/2 dozen cookies.
The results? FA-BU-LOUS. My daughter and I had such a great time making the cookies together and they were indeed edible! Score! You really have to try this and any other recipe at HersheysCookies.com. If I can do it, it will be a piece of cake for you! While you are there, make sure you enter to win one of two $10,000 kitchen makeovers (one for you and one for a friend…or me…LOL!).
Do you want to try a few of the recipes and have a cookie exchange of your very own? Hershey’s will generously provide one reader with the following prize pack:
- Branded Hershey’s Canister Set
- Hershey’s Cookies Holiday Apron
- 3 bags of assorted Hershey’s Baking Chips
- 2 bags of Hershey’s Kisses Brand Milk Chocolates
- 1 canister of Hershey’s Cocoa
- Branded Hershey’s Cookie Timer
- Set of Hershey’s Recipe Cards
- 2 Hershey’s Baking Boxes
How to enter:
1. Visit HersheysCookies.com and tell me what makes your mouth water?!
1. Blog about this giveaway and link to The Not-So-Blog and HersheysCookies.com (10 extra entries).
2. Follow me (@BridgetteLA) on Twitter and Tweet this giveaway. Every time you tweet you get an additional entry! Unlimited! (You must have over 50 Twitter followers to qualify for unlimited entries!)
3. Subscribe to my blog.
5. Place my blog banner on your sidebar.
Contest ends at 11:59pm CST on December 29th. Prizes not claimed in 72 hours will be forfeited. Open to U.S. Residents only.