Down here in New Orleans, you never know what the winter may bring. Some years, we gather around the Thanksgiving table in shorts and other years we are bundled up by Halloween. While it is definitely not wise for us to by snow gear, I do like to have a heavy coat for the kids just in case the weather demands it.
Some years, our coats get a lot of use, but others leave them hanging in the closet the entire season. I hate to spend a ton of money on a coat that my kids will grow out of before the next season when we may or may not need it. So, when I saw the Grow-A-Long® sleeves in the Land’s End Girl’s Expedition Parka, I was intrigued. Land’s End sent us this coat to try out and I actually think we will get more than one winter out of this coat. The sleeves extend up to 1.5″ which in turn will extend the life of the jacket. Of course, this isn’t the only fabulous feature of this coat! From the website:
“Our warmest, waterproof performer — styled for girls.
- TEMPERATURE RATING: WARMEST -20°/15° Fahrenheit.
- Waterproof, windproof, 3-ply nylon shell, with DriOff™ finish
- Exceptionally warm 600 fill power down insulation, nature’s warmest
- New! Grow-A-Long® sleeves extend up to 1.5 inches to fit them as they grow
- SnowGuard wrist cuffs: an interior sleeve extension lets them slip their thumb through the cuff, keeping out cold and snow
- EZ-Zip Tab makes zipping themselves up easier
- 360° reflective trim for better visibility
- Parka length hits below the hip”
When we received the coat, my daughter could not wait to try it on….even though it was 80 degrees outside! She loved the color, the style and the feel of the coat. As a Mom, one of my favorite features (besides the Grow-A-Long Sleeve) is the SnowGuard Wrist Cuffs. The cuffs are attached to the sleeve which makes the fingerless gloves impossible to lose. Also, the hand warmer sheath in each front pocket which secures a hand warmer is an awesome addition. Both of these features are great for Mardi Gras season to keep hands warm as we dive for beads! I also like that the hood is removable because during most New Orleans winters, the faux fur lined hood is overkill.
Overall, we love the Girl’s Expedition Parka from Land’s End. While we have yet to try it out in cold weather, I am confident that it will keep my daughter warm with the quality and features I have come to expect from Land’s End. This coat can be purchased for $99.50.
Is it cold where you live? Could your child use protection from the weather? Land’s End has generously donated one Expedition Parka to one lucky reader!
How to enter:
1. Visit Land’s End and tell me which feature of the Expedition Parka you like the most!
1. Blog about this giveaway and link to The Not-So-Blog and Land’s End (10 extra entries).
2. Follow me (@BridgetteLA) on Twitter and Tweet this giveaway. Every time you tweet you get an additional entry! Unlimited! (You must have over 50 Twitter followers to qualify for unlimited entries!)
3. Subscribe to my blog.
5. Place my blog banner on your sidebar.
6. Subscribe to my Feed.
Contest ends at 11:59pm CST on December 7th. Prizes not claimed in 72 hours will be forfeited. Open to U.S. Residents only.