It’s amazing how music can change your mood. When I am feeling on edge or anxious, I love to pop in my iPod and put on some tunes to take my mind off of the issue. The portable device stays in my purse and allows me to escape anytime, anyplace. Unfortunately, these devices can be pretty expensive causing us to choose only one for our family. However, thanks to Mom Central, I was recently introduced to the SanDisk Sansa Fuze MP3 Player. About the product:
“The Sansa® Fuze™+ MP3 player gives you more player for less money. From its sleek and thin styling to its invisible touch control, the Sansa Fuze+ MP3 player delivers a great user experience and lets you do more than just play music files. Add a blank microSD™ card to expand your own music library or an optional slotRadio™ card for an instant library of songs – even listen to FM radio with the ability to record stations or record your voice with the built-in mic. Sansa Fuze+ MP3 player is the newest in a long line of award-winning players from the inventor of flash memory cards.”
I was sent the Sansa Fuze 4GB in Black, but they come in an array of colors including red, purple, blue, white and black and up to 16GB of storage. Starting at only $79.99, this MP3 player is more than affordable!
One huge difference between the Sansa Fuze and other MP3 players is the fact that it is also a recordable FM radio. Being able to switch from my playlist to local radio shows is invaluable. While the 4GB Fuze can hold up to 1,000 songs (downloading from your computer), one way to maximize the functionality is to purchase a SanDisk slotRadio card. About the cards:
“Each SanDisk® slotRadio™ card includes 1,000 songs featuring artists from the Billboard® charts. Songs are preloaded onto a tiny card with handcrafted playlists that include hundreds of artists. Like a FM radio experience, you can lean back and let slotRadio do the heavy-lifting so you don’t have to download music song-by-song. Songs are played in sequence and are locked to the card. You can skip individual songs as many times as you like, or switch between playlists with a touch of a button. Simply insert a slotRadio™ card into the slotRadio player and enjoy music in an instant. It’s great music made effortless.”
Because I already have a portable device, I passed this review on to my husband to try out for the past week and here are a few of his thoughts:
- The Sansa Fuze is small, light and thin. I am able to slip it into my pocket and take it to the gym without even noticing it is there.
- The sound quality is excellent and radio antenna is strong. The Fuze picks up local radio stations perfectly.
- The VH1 slotRadio card (Classic) is great! The Classic card included artists such as Beastie Boys, Bon Jovi, Elton John and Soundgarden. I love the preset playlists….especially the “workout” list! I want the Rock one next! For $39.99, it’s a good deal.
- Navigating the system touchpad was intuitive and the screen was clear and bright.
- I recommend this for someone looking for excellent quality on a budget.
Both my husband and I were impressed by the SanDisk Fuze and slotRadio cards. This MP3 player is something we would definitely consider purchasing as a gift.