My girls are just starting to really get into the Halloween traditions. Dressing up and going trick or treating are our usual holiday highlights. But ever since my husband and I were married, we have made it a tradition to go to the pumpkin patch and carve a pumpkin together. Once we had children, we had even more fun by having them help us select the all important family pumpkin.
The pumpkin has become a centerpiece during this holiday in more ways than one! Because our kids are little, they can be quite scared of this holiday as well, so we have sought out non-scary parties for them to attend. Their favorite one has been a pumpkin carving party! Each child brought a pumpkin and the party hosts provided templates, paints, glitter, stickers….everything the kids needed to let their imaginations run wild. The party guests showed up in costume and the carving began!
Are you planning on having a Halloween party this year? If you are looking for fun and unique party ideas, check out this Juicy Juice recipe from Nestle:
What you need
- 3 cups of water
- 3 clear plastic gloves
- 3 rubber bands or twist ties
- 2 bottles (64 fl. oz. each) of Punch Flavor NESTLÉ® JUICY JUICE® All Natural 100% Juice, chilled
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) of frozen lemonade concentrate, slightly thawed
- 4 cans (12 fl. oz. each) of lemon-lime soda, chilled
How to do it
FOR FLOATING HANDS:
POUR water into gloves, adding enough water to fill the gloves loosely but not so full that the fingers will not move. Fasten gloves with rubber bands or twist ties. Line baking sheet with paper towels. Place filled gloves on paper towels. Freeze for 3 hours or until firm.
COMBINE Juicy Juice and lemonade concentrate in large punch bowl. Gradually stir in soda. Carefully cut gloves off hands with scissors. Float hands in punch.
Need a little help creating the perfect Halloween Party? Nestle Family has generously offered one reader a Juicy Juice prize pack including a $25 Target gift card to purchase party essentials plus two bottles of Juicy Juice® punch.
How to enter:
1. Tell me your favorite Halloween Party memory!
1. Blog about this giveaway and link to The Not-So-Blog (10 extra entries).
2. Follow me (@BridgetteLA) on Twitter and Tweet this giveaway. Every time you tweet you get an additional entry! Unlimited! (You must have over 50 Twitter followers to qualify for unlimited entries!)
3. Subscribe to my blog.
5. Place my button on your sidebar.
Contest ends at 11:59pm CST on October 26th. Prizes not claimed in 72 hours will be forfeited. Open to U.S. Residents only.