As my daughter enters Kindergarten this year, I realize now more than ever, the importance of education. In order for my daughter to develop a love of learning, it is imperative that she have the materials needed to succeed and a creative teacher. Just like in 2009, SONIC and DonorsChoose.org are again stepping up to the plate to make some of these classroom dreams come true with the Limeades for Learning program! Last year, SONIC donated more than $600,000 to public school classrooms around the country. By October, SONIC customers, friends and fans will have directed more than $1 million dollars to support teachers in local communities.
By visiting the Limeades for Learning site, you can find your favorite public school teacher’s classroom project. Beginning August 30th, you can vote for your favorite project once per day (no purchase necessary to vote). On Friday, the votes are tallied and the teacher with the most votes receives complete funding for their project! If the votes exceed 1 million, SONIC will donate an additional $100,000!
I took a look around and found so many creative projects! I wish I could fund them all! Because I am a Scientist living in New Orleans, I decided to help fund a Science project at a school effected by Hurricane Katrina. This program, which is in need of a Wii console for Virtual Surgery, is helping to train students for careers in nursing.
Would you like to help fund a classroom project? SONIC has generously donated a $100 DonorsChoose.org gift card, a $25 SONIC gift card, a Limeades for Learning backpack and some Sharpies and notepads to one of my lucky readers! You can have a great meal AND help fulfill the dreams of the classroom teacher of your choice!
How to enter:
1. Visit Limeades for Learning and vote for your favorite classroom project. Let me know who you voted for!
1. Blog about this giveaway and link to The Not-So-Blog and Limeades for Learning (10 extra entries).
2. Follow me (@BridgetteLA) and Tweet this giveaway. Every time you tweet you get an additional entry! Unlimited! (You must have over 50 Twitter followers to qualify for unlimited entries!)
3. Subscribe to my blog.
4. Become a Fan of The Not-So-Blog on Facebook.
5. Place my blog button on your sidebar.
Contest ends at 11:59pm CST on September 20th. Prizes not claimed in 72 hours will be forfeited. Open to U.S. Residents only.