The summer in New Orleans is nothing if it isn’t HOT and HOTTER! While I love taking the kids outside to play, some days it is hard when the temperature is already 90 degrees at 8am! Today, I thought I would feature a great indoor science activity for those days when it’s just impossible to go outside!
The Howard Hughes Medical Institute has put together a really great “cool science” site for kids! Some of the experiments that will satisfy just about any curious kid include “diving in to the miniature world with a microscope” and “specks, flecks and particles in the air.” The site also features a really neat “Ask a Scientist” section for all those questions Mom and Dad just can’t answer. The Howard Hughes Medical Institute is also a great resource for science fair projects!
Think you have a budding Scientist on your hands? Find out what some of the most prominent biomedical researchers think you need in order to make it happen!
Your reward for attending today’s block party? Another great prize pack from Nestle! Today’s package includes:
An assortment of coupons for FREE Nestle Family products including:
JUICY JUICE®, OVALTINE®, EDY’S®/DREYER’S®, CARNATION® Breakfast Essentials, WONKA®, STOUFFER’S®, NESQUIK®, TOLL HOUSE® Refrigerated Cookie Dough, TOLL HOUSE® Morsels, DRUMSTICK® Sundae Cones, and NESTLÉ® Pure Life
How to enter:
1. Tell me what your child wants to be when he/she grows up?
1. Blog about this giveaway and link to The Not-So-Blog and NESTLE FAMILY (10 extra entries).
2. Follow me (@BridgetteLA) on Twitter and Tweet this giveaway. Every time you tweet you get an additional entry! Unlimited! (You must have over 50 Twitter followers to qualify for unlimited entries!)
3. Subscribe to my blog.
4. Become a Fan of The Not-So-Blog on Facebook.
5. Place my blog banner on your sidebar.
6. Subscribe to my Feed.
7. Follow the other Block Party Hosts on Twitter and get 4 extra entries! (@OHMommy, @sarann, @ReneeJRoss, @247Moms)
Contest ends at 11:59pm CST on July 21st. Prizes not claimed in 72 hours will be forfeited. Open to U.S. Residents only.