One swimsuit in black from Gigi and one nervous Experimental Mommy with a belly that just hasn’t been the same since the birth of my second daughter. About Gigi:
“Every girl’s been there. The cold dressing room, the terrible lighting, the myriad of suits in detestable prints, our white undies sticking out from under the leg elastic, our sun-starved appendages. It’s a sure recipe for self-loathing.
How hard can it be to come up with something flattering and stylish, I wondered. A bathing suit version of the little black dress? I decided I’d have to create it myself. And thus, GiGi was born.
Lucky for you, attention to detail is my forte. I’ve had a fabulous time creating a suit that truly complements almost every figure. My various sized female friends agree: GiGi is the most flattering bathing suit they’ve ever worn. If you don’t think so, just send it back. Enjoy your new GiGi suit. GiGi loves you!”
Before kids, I was teaching dance about 4 days a week. I was thin and while I never had a 6 pack abdomen, I was darn proud of my figure. Fast forward about 5 years and my confidence in a bathing suit has shrunk to almost nothing. I am only dancing one night a week, and while I am very active chasing my girls, I don’t get in as much toning time at all. So, as you can imagine, the thought of trying on swimsuits makes me cringe. Apparently, Gillian Gabriel, owner of GiGi swimwear, felt the same way and set out to design a suit every woman would love. So, when I got the chance to try one of these suits, I couldn’t wait for it to arrive!
After searching the Gigi website, I will admit that I was quite skeptical after reading the statement, “No matter what your body type, GiGi is very likely the most flattering suit you’ll ever buy.” Could it be true? How can it flatter everyone? After doing more reading, I found that Gillan uses six points to create her swimsuits in order to achieve her goal:
- Fabric: Imported from Spain, higher nylon content and SPF 50
- Style: halter top and lower back to minimize B.S. (Backfat Spillage!)
- Four-Way Stretch
- Lining: In my opinion, this is the best part. The lining is cut 4 inches smaller than the suit to smooth out all of your little imperfections. Genius!
- Ruching: helps disguise my post baby belly
- Elastic and Thread: Three types of elastic for a specialized fit
When trying on my suit for the first time, I was a bit nervous. But the minute I looked in the mirror, I will admit that I actually didn’t cringe! The material is soft, the plunge neckline flatters the smallest part of me, while the ruching definitely hides the parts I am my self-conscious about. I followed the sizing chart online and my suit fits perfectly. I am sooooo ready for the beach!
The Gigi swimsuit is like the “little black dress of swimwear!” A one piece suit that has definitely been thought out and well designed flattered my post baby figure. At just $98, this swimsuit comes in black, pink, white and brown. I love mine so much, I am considering purchasing another one in pink!
Going to the beach this summer? Want to look fabulous? Gigi swimwear has generously offered one reader their choice of one swimsuit!
How to enter:
1. Visit Gigi and tell me what aspect of the suit you find the most flattering.
1. Blog about this giveaway and link to The Not-So-Blog and Gigi (10 extra entries).
2. Follow me (@BridgetteLA) on Twitter and Tweet this giveaway. Every time you tweet you get an additional entry! Unlimited! (You must have over 50 Twitter followers to qualify for unlimited entries!)
3. Subscribe to my blog.
4. Become a Fan of The Not-So-Blog on Facebook.
5. Place my blog banner on your sidebar.
6. Subscribe to my Feed.
Contest ends at 11:59pm CST on May 31st. Prizes not claimed in 72 hours will be forfeited. Open to U.S. Residents only.
This product review is the opinion of the Experimental Mommy. Other may have a different experience with the product. I was not compensated for this review other than a product sample provided by Gigi. All opinions are 100% mine.