I will go on the record to say that I am a carboholic. I love bread, pasta and all things sweet. However, I am trying to curb my carbs and branch out to the other food groups in order to teach my children to live a healthy lifestyle. I can’t grab a donut and hand them celery, you know?
I was very excited to learn that Disney Family is partnering with Jamie Oliver from “Food Revolution” to teach families to live better and live well! From the press release:
“Because Disney Family.com recognizes the importance of eating and living healthy, they wanted to provide tips and advice on slashing sugar, cooking light, healthy recipes and more. That’s why Family.com has partnered with Jamie Oliver – America’s new healthy food champion – on brand new site content focused on living better and living well. Jamie’s show, ‘Food Revolution,’ addresses how families can rediscover ways to cook simple, delicious and affordable meals, and Family.com now features recipes from Jamie as well as his personal tips for healthy living. In addition, you can also stream episodes of Food Revolution from the site.”
After looking around the new site content, I found some great tips on how to get your child to eat veggies and healthy desserts (check out the Watermelon Almond Tart!). I also found some great grocery coupons!
To spread the word about Disney Family.com’s partnership with Jamie Oliver, they have generously offered one lucky reader a gift pack including Jamie Oliver’s book, Jamie’s Food Revolution, Family.com branded oven mitts and apron, a cutting board and bowl set (approximately an $85 value.)!
How to enter:
1. Tell me one step you have made towards making your family healthier.
1. Blog about this giveaway and link to The Not-So-Blog and DisneyFamily.com (10 extra entries).
2. Follow me (@BridgetteLA) on Twitter and Tweet this giveaway. Every time you tweet you get an additional entry! Unlimited! (You must have over 50 Twitter followers to qualify for unlimited entries!)
3. Subscribe to my blog.
4. Become a Fan of The Not-So-Blog on Facebook.
5. Place my blog banner on your sidebar.
6. Subscribe to my Feed.
Contest ends at 11:59pm CST on June 10th. Prizes not claimed in 72 hours will be forfeited. Open to U.S. Residents only.