Many members of my family served our Country in several branches of the armed forces. My Grandfather served in the Navy (WWII), my Uncle was also in the Navy during times of peace, my husband’s father served in the Army (WWII) and my Father in Law was a member of the Air Force (Vietnam). On Memorial Day, my family definitely takes time out to thank our family members who served this Country to ensure our Freedom. In addition to our thoughts and prayers, we also celebrate!
How to you plan to celebrate Memorial Day?
Whether it be a beach vacation, picnic or barbeque, Frito Lay has some great products to complete your meal! The website has some great ideas for recipes and healthy snacking options including this Baked Bean Dip:
- 1 slice bacon
- 1 (15 ounce) can baked beans
- 1 tablespoon grape jelly
Cook bacon in large skillet until crisp. Remove bacon, crumble and set aside. Drain bacon grease but do not wipe out pan. Add can of baked beans (including sauce). Bring beans to a boil. Stir in grape jelly and reduce heat. Simmer until liquid is reduced by half (about 5 minutes). Mash beans with a fork or potato masher and allow liquid to absorb. Add crumbled bacon. Serve with Fritos corn chips. Makes 8 appetizer servings
Nutrition analysis: 86 calories per 2 oz. serving, 2g fat (0.7g saturated fat) per 2 oz. serving, 3 mg cholesterol per 2 oz. serving, 283 mg sodium per 2 oz. serving, 13.2 g carbohydrate per 2 oz. serving, 2.8 g fiber per 2 oz. serving, 3.8 g protein per 2 oz. serving.
How to enter:
1. Visit the Frito Lay recipe section and tell me which one you would try first!
1. Blog about this giveaway and link to The Not-So-Blog and Frito Lay (10 extra entries).
2. Follow me (@BridgetteLA) on Twitter and Tweet this giveaway. Every time you tweet you get an additional entry! Unlimited! (You must have over 50 Twitter followers to qualify for unlimited entries!)
3. Subscribe to my blog.
4. Become a Fan of The Not-So-Blog on Facebook.
5. Place my blog banner on your sidebar.
6. Subscribe to my Feed.
Contest ends at 11:59pm CST on June 14th. Prizes not claimed in 72 hours will be forfeited. Open to U.S. Residents only.