Is date night a thing of the past in your home? Sometimes I feel like my husband and I are two ships passing in the night. Between our jobs, kids, and extra curricular activities, I am lucky if I get to talk to him for 5 minutes a day! We try very hard to get a sitter once a month and go on a date just so we can hold a conversation without having to retrieve colors from the floor or cut someone’s meat! But, in all honesty, we have found it hard the last few months to live up to our pledge.
Last month, I had the privilege of participating in a Twitter party for Bertolli Frozen Meals. I got my very first taste of the Oven Bake Meals and they were wonderful! So, I was thrilled when Bertolli presented the opportunity to work together again and even better…..have a date night with my hubby! Bertolli asked me to prepare a little bit of Italy in my own home and try another frozen meal. Armed with two pasta bowls, two wine glasses, a serving dish, linen napkins with silver rings, candle and Andrea Bocelli CD, I was ready to sit down with my hubby and enjoy the Chicken Parmigiana and Penne Oven Bake Meals from Bertolli.
The meal was incredibly easy to make. Simply place frozen meal (which serves two) in a casserole dish and bake for 45 minutes! It was delicious! I am generally not a big fan of frozen red sauces, but this one was perfect. My husband loved it as well, but found the portion to be a bit small.
Want to experience a little more of Italy? Bertolli has put together a series of mini-episodes entitled “Into the Heart of Italy” starring Marisa Tomei, Rocco DiSpirito and Dan Cortese. The humorous episodes are quite a bit like “The Amazing Race” set in Italy. You will learn some great information about the region and the ingredients used in Bertolli meals. Check out Episode Two:
Would you like to have a little bit of Italy in your home? Bertolli has generously offered one reader their own “Into the Heart of Italy” Prize Pack including:
Coupons for free Bertolli Frozen Meals for two that will transport you to Italy in just 10 minutes
· Stainless steel wine aerator and Bertolli wine pairing guide
· Verona Pasta Serving Bowl, two matching individual bowls, contemporary red wine glasses and cloth napkins from CB2
· An orange luminary candle and two contemporary brushed silver napkin rings from Crate and Barrel
· The Best of Andrea Bocelli CD
How to enter:
1. Visit Bertolli and tell me which variety you can’t wait to try!
1. Blog about this giveaway and link to The Not-So-Blog (10 extra entries).
2. Follow me (@BridgetteLA) and @Bertolli on Twitter and Tweet this giveaway. Every time you tweet you get an additional entry! Unlimited! (You must have over 50 Twitter followers to qualify for unlimited entries!)
3. Subscribe to my blog.
5. Place my blog banner on your sidebar.
6. Subscribe to my Feed.
7. Click on this link to Fresh Express and let me know that you did! (I’m in a contest to win an iPad and I would love your help!)
Contest ends at 11:59pm CST on April 27th. Prizes not claimed in 72 hours will be forfeited. Open to U.S. Residents only.