Happy Valentine’s Day!! To be honest, this day completely snuck up on me! Between the Saints Superbowl Victory, a Disney trip and Mardi Gras, Valentine’s Day flew off my radar. Until…..this morning. Oops! My daughter brought me an adorable glittered card that she made from scratch at school and promptly asked, “What did you get me, Mommy?” I felt awful. But, I quickly remembered that we had some Duncan Hines Red Velvet mix with Cream Cheese Frosting in the pantry. Since she loves to bake with me, I decided to make it a special event.
We decided to make cupcakes! While Lily lined the pans with paper cups, I mixed the ingredients using the following recipe:
• 1 pkg Duncan Hines® Red Velvet Cake Mix
• 1 1/4 cup water
• 1/3 cup vegetable oil
• 3 large eggs
• 1 tub Duncan Hines® Classic Vanilla Frosting or Duncan Hines® Creamy Home-Style Cream Cheese Frosting
• Sprinkles or additional garnishes
1. Preheat oven to 350°F for metal or glass pans, 325°F for dark or coated pans. Grease sides and bottom of each pan with shortening. Flour lightly. (Use baking cups for cupcakes).
2. Blend dry mix, water, oil and eggs in large bowl at low speed until moistened (about 30 seconds). Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour batter in pans and bake immediately.
3. Bake following in a 13 x 9-inch pan for 35-38 minutes, or bake cupcakes for 19-22 minutes. Add 3-5 minutes to bake time for dark or coated pans. Cake is done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
4. Cool in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes. Cool completely before frosting.
5. Garnish, and enjoy!
In just about 30 minutes, we had shared quality time and a delicious cupcake! Duncan Hines saved the day!! Would you like to try the Duncan Hines Red Velvet cake mix with Home Style Cream Cheese frosting? The people at Duncan Hines have generously donated these two products to one luck reader!
How to enter:
1. Visit the Duncan Hines recipe page and tell me a recipe you would love to try!
1. Blog about this giveaway and link to The Not-So-Blog and Coffee for Less (10 extra entries).
2. Follow me (@BridgetteLA) and Duncan Hines on Twitter and Tweet this giveaway. Every time you tweet you get an additional entry! Unlimited! (You must have over 50 Twitter followers to qualify for unlimited entries!)
3. Subscribe to my blog.
4. Become a Fan of The Not-So-Blog on Facebook.
Contest ends at 11:59pm CST on February 28th. Prizes not claimed in 72 hours will be forfeited. Open to U.S. Residents only.