New backpack, new lunchbox, new folders, new clothes, new teachers and new resolutions! As Moms and Dads around the country prepare their kids for a new school year, they create new ideals and resolutions in hopes of making the next few months run smoother than before. What resolutions did you make? Serving a hot breakfast? Helping your kids study a little each night? Taking the time to read a bedtime story every night?
For me, I decided to try to provide healthier snacks for my preschooler. Last year, Lily got hooked on sugary gummy treats, so I was determined to try and switch her obsession to something a little better for her growing body. Nestle Family is encouraging parents to pack fun and creative lunches for their kids and has offered some great ideas and tips to help you keep your resolution!
I tested out the “Bumps on a Log” recipe which was very easy and a total hit! Simply wash and slice a celery stalk, fill with peanut butter and place a few Raisinets on top! For a preschooler who has sworn off all vegetables, this snack sure put a smile on her face! She has actually begged me for more celery “treats!”
To help you achieve fun and creative lunches for your kids, Nestle has offered one lucky Not-So-Blog reader a fabulous prize pack including:
Juicy Juice, Toll House Cookie Dough, Trail mix recipe cards, Tropical Raisinet Trail Mix,
a MEAD backpack with supplies and Lunch ideas from NESTLÉ Family
How to enter:
1. Visit Nestle Family and tell me one recipe you would love to try!
1. Blog about this giveaway and link to The Not-So-Blog (10 extra entries).
2. Follow me (@BridgetteLA) on Twitter and Tweet this giveaway. Every time you tweet you get an additional entry! Unlimited! (You must have over 50 Twitter followers to qualify for unlimited entries!)
3. Subscribe to my blog.
4. Become a Fan of The Not-So-Blog on Facebook.
5. Favorite me in Technorati!
6. Register with Nestle Family to receive email updates including great recipes!
Contest ends at 11:59pm CST on November 4th. Prizes not claimed in 72 hours will be forfeited. Open to U.S. Residents only.