If you have been following my blog (and if you haven’t…where ya been?), you know that I was fortunate enough to attend BlogHer 2009 a few weeks ago. I left the conference with a lot to think about. I had high expectations from this Conference. Along with meeting new friends, I wanted to learn tips and techniques to make my blog better than before. What can I improve and how do I get there? While some of the sessions were less than stellar, I left with one thing on my mind:
Do I have a relationship with my readers? If I weren’t offering incredible giveaways, would you keep coming back?
It’s ok to say no. Really, it is. The purpose of my blog is to review products that would be beneficial to busy Moms and Dads, to educate readers with a real Mom’s opinion on popular (or not so popular) products. But, the thing that I would like to improve on during Year 2 of The Not-So-Blog is personal relationships with my readers. Purpose being that if you get to know the woman behind the words, maybe you will pop in on my little space in the blogosphere even if I am too darn tired to put up a new giveaway! LOL!
So, I thought I would start by sharing a few random facts about me:
1. I am 5′ 3″.
2. I am not all that happy with my weight. I really need to start up “Think Thin Thursdays” again…who’s with me?
3. I am a review blogger. I am not ashamed of it and hate that I am made to feel guilty for what I set out to do in the first place. Then again, I am in control of how I feel, so I will not apologize for it.
4. I am ethical and not only so I can display a badge on my site, but because I WANT to and it is just who I am.
5. I love my job. I work outside the home full time. Even if it was financially feasible for me to stay at home full time (which it is not), I would not quit.
6. I am close to my family. I love the fact that I can pick up the phone and call my family whenever I need them and they will be there in a heartbeat. I hope I am as good of a Mom as my Mom is to me.
7. My friends are precious to me. I fear that my blogging life is getting in the way of my real life. I am making an effort to let my friends know that they are important to me.
8. I struggle to find balance in my life. There must be a way to fit it all in!
9. I have a hard time saying NO. Working on it.
10. Yes, I am from New Orleans. Yes, Hurricane Katrina flooded my house. No, I was not rescued off a rooftop (I had the good sense to leave). And YES, I came back on my own free will. New Orleans is home.
Ok, now that I spilled a few facts about me, introduce yourself! Tell me something about you! How did you find my blog?