Is it Thursday ALREADY?? This weeks Think Thin Thursday post is brought to you by Tyson Fully Cooked Chicken Breast and Steak Strips!
In order for me to stay on track (which has REALLY been hard the last few weeks), I absolutely MUST be prepared for the week and have EASY dinner recipes on the menu. You know that FAST does NOT always equal EASY, so I struggle to find a happy medium.
Fortunately, Tyson wanted to share with my readers some great new recipes with their Fully Cooked Chicken and Steak Strips that are fast, easy, AND healthy! These recipes were created by Food Network Host Robin Miller exclusively for Tyson Foods. How can you go wrong?!?
Tyson says, “The strips are lean, non-breaded, recipe-ready protein that dramatically cuts down on preparation time, giving busy families a lighter, quicker and more convenient dinnertime solution. Great for time-honored classic dishes and family favorite meals, Tyson® Fully Cooked Chicken and Steak Strips are an excellent source of protein that makes cooking light, delicious meals a snap.“
I thought I would share with you all the recipe that I will be trying this week:
Chicken Parmesan Casserole (serves 4, prep time=30 minutes)
1 pound whole wheat pasta
2 packets (6 ounces each) Tyson® Fully Cooked Grilled Chicken Breast Strips
¾ cup prepared no-salt added tomato sauce (pasta sauce or pizza sauce)
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, regular or part-skim
3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons Panko bread crumbs
Pinch salt and ground black pepper
- Cook whole wheat pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Arrange chicken breast strips in the bottom of a shallow baking dish. Pour tomato sauce over the chicken and sprinkle mozzarella cheese over the tomato sauce.
- In a small bowl, combine the parmesan cheese and bread crumbs. Mix well and sprinkle the mixture over the mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the top of the casserole is golden brown and the cheese is bubbly, and season to taste with salt and black pepper. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Divide whole wheat pasta among four individual bowls, spoon casserole mixture over the top and serve.
Your Task for the week: Visit Tyson’s Product page and tell me which product you could incorporate into a healthy meal for you and your family!
How did y’all do this week? I can’t wait to visit your blogs and see your success stories! If you accomplished your goal this week, make sure you sign the Shrinky Linky below! Don’t forget to blog about your goals for the upcoming week!
If you accomplished your goal this week, you may choose ANY active contest on my blog and have 5 free entries! Just leave 5 comments on the giveaway post you want to enter (ie…just write Think Thin Thursday Entry 1, Entry 2, Entry 3, etc.)
Good Luck this week!