Welcome to all the new participants of Think Thin Thursdays (I know it’s only Wednesday, but I wanted y’all to have time to do your posts for tomorrow)! I am so excited to have you on board!
So……how did you do this week? The biggest challenge for me this week was the dreaded King Cake! It’s officially Mardi Gras season here in New Orleans and the sugary bits of goodness are EVERYWHERE. It took everything in me to turn away from the wall of King Cakes (which were obviously calling my name) at the grocery store, but I did it!
If you are new to this game, here are a few things you should know:
1. Every week I post a picture of myself standing on a scale. You guys are like my own personal Weight Watchers meeting (without the $13 fee). I use the picture as a way to keep me accountable. I do NOT expect you to post a picture of your scale or ever reveal your own weight! Find a way to make this game work for you, in your OWN way.
2. Each Thursday, blog about the goal you hope to accomplish that week. For example, it can be to lose 2 pounds, or drink 8 glasses of water, or get to the gym 3 times a week. Try to make it specific and attainable.
3. In addition to blogging about your goal, I will have a specific task for you to complete.
4. Next Thursday, IF YOU ACHIEVED YOUR GOAL, come back here and sign the Mr. Linky (affectionately called the “Shrinky Linky”). By signing the Shrinky Linky, you become entered in a drawing for a reward! Not every week will have a reward, so stay on your toes! You don’t want to miss a week and miss out on a fabulous prize!
5. Make sure the Think Thin Thursdays button (on my right sidebar) is on YOUR sidebar, too! If you win a prize and the button isn’t there, you forfeit!
6. Try to be supportive of the other participants! Visit their blogs and pass on some comment love!
This week, my goal is to drink one bottle of water a day. I have been seriously slacking in that department, so even one bottle of water a day would be an improvement!
Here’s my picture of the week. I am officially down 6 pounds since starting Think Thin Thursdays, but up 1.2 pounds from last week. But, if you recall, I had the stomach flu, so I totally expected that weight to come back. Only 2 pounds to go till I reach pre-pregnancy weight and 5 pounds to go to reach my first goal.
Visit 2 other Think Thin Thursday participants and leave them some encouraging words on their blogs!
Good Luck, everyone!! Come back next week to sign the Shrinky Linky if you have achieved your goal. There may just be a prize involved *cough awesome snacks cough*!!
Sign this Shrinky Linky if you are participating this week!